The Ultimate Guide to Successfully Recruiting Dynamics ERP & CRM Talent (Part II: Writing the Job Description)
This is installment #2 in a series of weekly blog posts that will come to outline, in detail, the process by which one successfully recruits top Microsoft Dynamics ERP & CRM talent. Please come back often, and let us know if you have any questions at all. <br>
Step Two – Writing the Job Description
A job description has three main objectives…
1. It serves to CLARIFY THE POSITION and the requirements: This ensures that all parties (the hiring manager, the hiring team and the candidate) share a common and correct understanding of what the search is about.
2. It serves to GET THE WORD OUT: A posted position (whether it be on social media, your own web site, job boards, association web sites, etc.) will serve no purpose unless it’s posted in such a way that facilitates it being found and read by viable candidates. By creating concise and specific job descriptions containing relevant industry terminology, you increase the likelihood that the right candidates will find your description in their job search. You may also want use those buzz terms as frequently as possible in your description to boost your SEO and make your job come up higher in relevancy.
3. It serves to EXCITE THE READER: Now is the time to infuse your selling points into the job description. It can be more than functional. It can be a storytelling tool. The appearance and contents of the job posting make a big difference. As the old adage goes, “you have only one chance to make a first impression.” Take the time to make your job description appealing, both aesthetically and in terms of content. It will not only make a good first impression, it will leave a lasting one so don’t waste it.
Job Description Example #1
Microsoft Dynamics SL Implementation Consultant GURU Wanted
Location: Boston, MA
Hey Dynamics SL Guru, how does this sound?
Health & Wellness Programs, A Management Track, 3-Weeks’ Vacation in Year 1, Education Assistance, a 6-Figure base salary, a Flexible Work Environment, a Company with Double-Digit Growth for the past 10 years, a Boss & Colleagues that you will actually describe as “FUN”. Is this your next job? Read on:
This Microsoft Dynamics SL Gold Competency Partner & Microsoft Super-Service is a leader in providing financial systems & technology services in the NE Region. For almost 20 years, they have relied on a seasoned team of business and accounting professionals to help their clients manage their businesses & organizations more effectively by implementing and customizing financial systems software and refining and improving business processes. The Dynamics SL Implementation Consultant will work in a fun, challenging, and team-oriented work environment, with opportunity for growth into a management/practice leadership role! Candidates must have a strong work ethic, people skills, and a commitment to professional growth. You must be a team player, but an independent learner and producer as well.
- Lead implementations of Microsoft Dynamics SL for a large and established client base using a consistent ERP implementation methodology.
- Extract and convert verbal information into useful process and data knowledge.
- Perform data integrations from legacy and external financial applications.
- Analyze and resolve financial and system issues, and communicate an effective solution while working closely with clients.
- Build consensus among teams with varying viewpoints, effectively listen and question, and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Provide project management for larger Dynamics SL implementations.
- Effectively manage staff resources to achieve successful Dynamics SL implementations.
- Must be CURRENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK in the US
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 ERP Implementation experience
- Dynamics SL Project Series Module Implementation experience
- 5+ years ERP implementation consulting experience.
- 3+ years project management experience.
- At least one of the following Reporting Tools (FRx, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Mgmt Reporter – MR)
- Dynamics SL certifications a plus.
- Previous accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Experience with Business Portal and/or SharePoint is a plus.
- Ability to interact with senior management team, IT staff, and clients.
- Ability to assess client’s needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to train end-users and effectively solve problems.
- Attention to project documentation and follow-up.
- Competitive salary + relocation assistance (to $120K+)
- Full benefit package:
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contribution
- 3-weeks’ vacation in the 1st year
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Health & Wellness programs
- Education Assistance
- Relocation assistance provided
Job Description Example #2
Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Consultant
Looking for that “work/life balance”? Want to work at a company where YOU are the driver and not just a passenger? Our client is nestled in the heart of Texas and was recently named one of the Top-Performing SMB Channel Partners in the U.S. by Ingram Micro. Our client continues to experience exponential growth year over year, and this year they are poised to break an all-time record! If you are looking for a game-changing experience then read on….
Who you are:
- You are a talented consulting professional that has the confidence, aptitude, and pure grit to perform a comprehensive analysis, implementation, and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- You are bright, professional, driven, and want to align yourself with people of like minds.
- Your expertise in Microsoft Dynamics GP is solid and you know how to bring it!
- You deliver the best value to your customer base and your credibility is impeccable.
- You believe in excellence, and thrive in a self-starting environment.
- You are kind of a “technology nut” and enjoy working with all the latest and greatest toys.
- Your integrity and work ethic are revealed in all that you do.
What you know:
- Demonstrated experience implementing Dynamics GP in a multi-user environment
- 2-4 years’ experience with Dynamics GP Financials (GL, AR, AP) & Distribution Modules
- Good understanding and experience in SQL creating Queries and data flows.
- 3+ years completing full life cycle from developing a customized roadmap to implementation.
- Experience creating views & building reports (SSRS, Smartlist Builder, Excel and/or FRx Management Reporter).
- Experienced resource magnet providing guidance, solutions, and maintenance to our Partners.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Experience using ‘Integration Manager’ & ‘SmartConnect’, Wennsoft, SalesPad is a plus.
Our client understands the value of taking care of their employees and offering a progressive, professional, and peaceful work environment with plenty to snack on, and lots of tech toys to keep one busy!
- Almost no travel required
- Fully stocked pantry of snacks and great flavored coffee!
- 3 monitor workstation, laptop and the latest and greatest smart phone
- Excellent benefits including; medical, dental, health savings plan, long term disability, life insurance, 7 paid holidays, and generous paid days off!
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive salary +Bonus
- Casual and fun work environment
Where is Amarillo, Texas and who lives there? I bet you would be surprised to know that Amarillo is home to 2 prominent Astronauts, and American Idol Finalist, dozens of successful writers including a recipient of the Pulitzer Prize! Did I mention they have countless numbers of talented country singers and acting talent from movies you may know and love; “How The West Was Won” and “Singing In The Rain”! If you are reviewing this role and considering a move to become an “Amarilloan” and share in the continued success of this progressive, tech-savvy company, we want to hear from you today. Check out this amazing link and fall in love with Texas!
Click this link to learn more: http://player.vimeo.com/video/22132017?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0