LOCATION: Greater Atlanta, GA area (commuting to Norcross, GA)
TRAVEL: 10-20% (mostly local, some regional)
COMP: Base + Auto & Cell Stipend + Bonus + full benefits ($160-200K total comp)
Dear Operations Leader: Are you looking to lead the full operations department of a leading distributor of porcelain, stone, glass and metal tiles, procured from all over the world. This is going to be the key hire of 2020 for one of the fastest-growing companies in the construction/tile industry!
They are looking for a natural-born leader, and an energizer of teams to join them and lead their company-wide business operations efforts, to meet their bold but realistic growth goals. This is a privately owned and operated, technology-loving company headquartered in Norcross, GA.
This is a 30-years-young company and is widely respected in their industry for having smart, visionary leaders that cultivate and protect a deep customer-oriented tradition of service and an equally deep employee-oriented tradition of providing a healthy work-life balance. They also know how to have fun! The company strives to be a true meritocracy, supporting a world-class professional growth opportunity for passionate, hard-working employees.
To support their robust growth, the Vice President of Operations will lead, plan, coordinate, and oversee all operations activities within the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization. This person will also be a part of the Company Executive team and will represent Operations in Board meetings. The Vice President of Operations is accountable for the performance of logistics, procurement, inventory control, warehousing, customer service, IT, safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping, and will report directly to the President & CEO. They be ultimately responsible for the success of the organization that will report directly to them. The right candidate will be someone who has the ability to manage, motivate, coach and lead a team. The VP of Operations will have a strong ability to understand and communicate a vision, and inspire others to rise to the occasion! This is a full-time, long-term, W2-employment opportunity.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic priorities and direction of the and overall direction of the Operation’s organization.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership in all Branches to achieve the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization; monitor operations by visiting Branches to plan projects, implement new processes and technology, and to ensure financial goals, enough resources and the highest quality of products and customer services are met.
- Leads effective cross department communication and coordination.
- Oversee day-to-day logistic operations and develop logistic procedures to manage inventory supply levels and logistics of supplying the adequate quantity and quality of materials required to meet sales demands in a timely manner, with an eye out for potential cost savings.
- Drive improved processes and procedures including the development and execution of SOP’s across all areas of Operations.
- Develop and maintain a system of staff feedback designed to facilitate communication within the Operations group. Meet often to gather input and listen and report feedback.
- Maintain and promote customer satisfaction: provide direction, guidance and leadership to Customer Service employees in developing customer service policies and procedures, furnishing problem-solving resources, and facilitating effective communication between all departments to ensure high standards of customer service are consistently met;
- Ensure a safe environment by developing and enforcing the execution of all safety programs and emergency procedures;
- Ensure the cleanliness, environmental health, and overall maintenance of all locations, the preventive maintenance, repair and/or replacement of facility equipment and systems to keep all equipment and systems in good working order and to maintain a clean, orderly appearance and safe work environment.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements.
- Establishes and administers the annual operating budgets, including capital improvements, with the assistance of upper leadership.
- Participates in due diligence process during the acquisition of new properties, as well as support during divestitures.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the president and chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards. Stays aware of any opportunities the organization can leverage and pursue for its advantage.
- Has and will continue to provide direction to support the company’s growth with revenue – a sales minded VP of Operations.
- Contributes to the sales and profitability requirements of the business as determined by the strategic plans.
- Occasionally travel with sales team to ensure our operations and service models are differentiators in the market place.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, not limited by job title or job description.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- The ability to inspire and keep effective working relationship with employee and partners.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or another industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including five years in upper management required.
- An excellent base salary (130-150K) + Auto & Cell Stipend + Bonus ($160 – $200K annually) & Bull Benefits
- Family Medical, Vision & Dental coverage, College tuition reimbursement, Retirement plan w/matching employee contributions, PTO, a generous vacation package and more.
- A fun and amazingly supportive work/team environment
- Relocation assistance will be provided
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com