Website DyNexus Recruiting
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: $140K to $200K+ (+ benefits, + equity package)
This is a permanent, equity position, with a 5-year old software company, located in Seattle. Relocation would be considered, as would remote employment. As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend), you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. This position requires at least 5 years of backend development experience, including expert-level abilities with Ruby, Python or Scala, and experience with Big Data, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field; Masters or above preferred.
- 5 or more years of software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful startup environment.
- Expert level familiarity with Ruby, Python, or Scala.
- Experience with a broad range of tools, frameworks, and libraries, preferably including one or more of: Big Data and Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Service-Oriented Architectures, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Distributed Computing. The curiosity and desire to stay current on these and related rapidly evolving topics.
- Familiarity with REST and API design.
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation for monitoring of system status and resolution of critical issues & outages.
- Self-directed, with a sense of urgency and a bias for action and data based decision making.
- Close attention to detail and commitment to building high quality, scalable products.
- A commitment to lean/agile development that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual developer ownership.
- The ability and desire to collaborate closely with other developers and members of the team. The belief that diverse teams do better work.
- Passionate about the possibilities of mobile, the magic of great customer experiences, and having fun while working hard.
- A willingness to work directly with customers to investigate and resolve issues, gather product feedback, and learn about new use cases and features.
About the Company:
They’re a rapidly growing, well-funded company based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team.
They’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. They help thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. They believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that they can help make software about People.