Looking for a fun, friendly, family-oriented, stable work environment with no micro-management?
Our client has been in the commercial construction industry since 1934. They serve as a resource to architects and engineers, assisting from design and specifications through complete construction. They are seeking a full-time, permanent Controller to work in their Kansas City, KS office.
A perfect fit for this position will have a working knowledge of, and solid experience with construction accounting principles and practices (AP/AR, GL, WIP schedules and monthly income statements), payroll, and working with an ERP tool, ideally cloud based (Acumatica, NetSuite or Dynamics 365 ideal). The Controller is a people-facing, personnel-management role requiring proven leadership skills, dedication, and excellent people skills. The compensation includes a highly competitive base salary + bonus, plus a full benefits package including 401k with company match, medical, dental, vision & life.
- Provide leadership & management for the Accounting, Payroll and HR teams.
- Provide company-wide leadership to fully utilize the Acumatica ERP system
- Stream-line Acumatica ERP in order to maximize its efficiency
- Regularly analyze income statements; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the Companies’ financial status.
- Work along side sales teams to produce sales estimates.
- Provide leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and tax reporting requirements.
- Participate as a member of the management team.
- Provide input to improve cost control, revenue growth, profitability and creation of corporate value throughout the company.
- Play an active role in developing and enhancing all financial systems to maximize reporting efficiencies.
- Maintain and manage a strong internal control environment with emphasis on proper financial reporting and safeguarding of assets.
- 5+ years experience with construction accounting and a solid understanding of accounting principals and practices (AP, AR & GL)
- 1+ years of experience working with an ERP tool (ideally cloud-based)
- Experience developing reports using SQL report writing tools preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance ideal
Advanced MS Excel user
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- $80-$120K annual salary, depending on experience
- Year-end profit sharing bonus (has been as high as 30k in recent years)
- 100% health insurance premiums paid for employee
- 10 days of PTO for the first year, 15 days PTO for year 2
- 401K with company match
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org